The advent of mobile phone games can be traced back to 2003. From basic – Tetris and Snakes to PUBG and Call of Duty, smartphones have evolved as go-to gaming platforms in the past decade.
Today, almost every other millennial searches for the best gaming phones when it comes to upgrading their devices. These are among the emerging revenue generators in this segment.
Over the years, mobile phones have replaced almost every standalone device we were dependent on. Since 2017, mobile manufacturing companies have extended their reach to gaming as well.
Driving factors behind this burgeoning industry
2020 witnessed a whopping 12% increase in the number of gamers. Mobile phone manufacturers, indisputably, focus on fine-tuning their product features to support a smooth gaming experience.
Looking at the increasing demand for mobile gaming, game developers are coming up with convenient franchises to meet with the call. The emergence of the 5G network bolsters the position of this industry further.
To impart the best gaming experience, mobile companies have responded with a new breed of gaming smartphones. They are built with specially tuned processors, support for accessories, sizeable RAM and storage, HD display, fast-touch response, long battery life and other such features.
The emergence of gaming phones
- Every three out of four Indians enjoy mobile games at least twice a day.
- Mobile gaming revenue was nearly $1 billion in 2020.
- In 2021 it is going to touch the $3,832 million mark.
The best gaming phones of 2021
Mobile phones are probably the best way to harness the popularity of online games. Cell phone manufacturers, therefore, focus on the constant up-gradation of gaming features. Processors are getting faster. Graphics are becoming more powerful. Displays are getting sharper.
Here are two of the best 8GB RAM mobiles available in the market:
- Asus ROG Phone 3
Price: Rs.47,000 approx.
This handset is primarily known for its AMOLED screen with a 144Hz refresh rate. It packs a 6000mAh battery with 30W fast-charging support. Its smooth gaming experience is powered by few uber-cool gaming-centric features, like :
- Pressure-sensitive ultrasonic buttons called air triggers.
- USB Type-C ports. Supports regular charging, Aero Active cooler fan accessory and 3.5 mm headphone.
- Heat vents at the back to maintain thermal levels.
- Twin view attachable screen, a desktop dock, an external fan and gamepad controllers.
- Its armoury crate on the software front for customising and fine-tuning settings, both hardware and software, for each game.
- OnePlus 9 Pro
Price: Rs.65,000 approx.
The USP of this handset is its 120 Hz fluid display 2.0. The enormous power of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 induces fast refresh rates and ultra-low latency.
- Pro gaming mode is the gateway to the massive CPU and GPU power of this device.
- High frame rates help optimise the ultimate gaming experience.
- Upgraded haptics motor entices the gaming experience.
- Clear vibrations at a super-responsive touch sampling rate.
- Updated dual stereo speakers with Dolby atoms audio for a more cinematic 3D sound experience.
- OnePlus Cool Play maintains the temperature. Thicker graphite layers, a big vapour chamber, and superior heat dissipation help cool the device after prolonged usage.
Other than these, several other brands offer a host of 8GB RAM mobiles for gamers. However, the discussed devices belong to an even higher price bracket.
You can purchase any of these models via the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network to avail of easy EMI options. Shop from a network of over 1 lakh partner stores spread across 1900 cities in India and make your purchases more affordable.
The list above specifies only the high ranged devices which are leading the market and are currently the best gaming phones. You can also check out other gaming mobile phones according to your budget range and specifications.