KSI (Olajide William Olatunji) is an English YouTube celebrity, rapper, comedian, and actor. He established himself on YouTube, where he launched a channel some years ago to film his FIFA games and has now amassed over 4 billion views. In this article, we are going to tell you about KSI’s net worth, career, childhood, achievements, and many more. Stay connected to know more about him!
Who is KSI?
KSI, whose full name is Olajide William Olatunji, is a YouTuber, performer, singer, entrepreneur, and, as of 2019, a professional boxer. He established his first YouTube channel in 2008, but his most popular one, KSIOlajidebt, began in 2009 and had almost five billion video views and over 20 million video subscribers to date. While creating FIFA-themed films, he also engaged in eSports tournaments, most notably defeating Virgin Gaming co-founder Zach Zeldinfull in a FIFA game.
He and four other gaming YouTubers founded the Ultimate Sidemen, which subsequently expanded to seven members during that period. KSI quit the Sidemen group in 2017 because of internal issues and produced ‘diss’ tracks against various members.
However, he rejoined the Sidemen group a few months later, prompting claims from several other YouTubers that the fights were staged to increase views for KSI and the other Sidemen members’ videos. Joe Weller, a YouTube celebrity, also released a ‘diss’ single directed at KSI, sparking a Twitter spat between the two.
Following the Twitter spat, they claimed they would fight each other in a boxing battle. This bout took place in February 2018 and was won by KSI through a technical knockout in the third round.
In August 2018, KSI fought Logan Paul in the most profitable amateur boxing event with his younger brother Deji, better known by his YouTube channel moniker ComedyShortsGamer, who fought Logan Paul’s younger brother Jake Paul.
KSI’s first bout with Logan Paul resulted in a draw and generated an estimated £37 million ($50 million) in streaming revenue. This is included in KSI’s net worth.
Olajide William Olatunji was born in Watford, England, on July 19, 1993. He decided to drop out of high school to pursue his ambitions and define happiness for himself. KSI’s choice to leave was mocked by his family, who were quite traditional and valued education highly.
He discusses this more in the motivational video at the bottom of this post. Rather than that, when KSI was a teenager, he made a YouTube account and began doing what he enjoyed: playing video games and making amusing videos for others.
What is the KSI’s net worth?
KSI’s net worth was $20 million (£16 million) in late 2019. However, the Sunday Times assessed KSI’s net worth to be £12 million in May 2020.
KSI has been estimated to make £2.9 million ($4.5 million) a year from his work as a YouTuber. However, his earnings fluctuate depending on his activities, as the firm does not compensate him but rather gets money through advertising income and sponsorships. According to The Sunday Times, his videos may earn up to £250,000.
By comparison, KSI is somewhat more or less valuable than Logan Paul and Jake Paul, who is valued at £14.3 million ($19 million), depending on which appraisal you trust.
Along with his YouTube channel, KSI has expanded into music video production and has competed in many boxing fights against other YouTube stars, the prize money projected to enhance KSI’s net worth.
How much money does KSI make?
KSI generates an estimated $2.38 million in revenue each year. KSI fans frequently inquire about the band’s earnings. On average, KSI’s YouTube channel receives 39.64 million monthly views and around 1.32 million daily views. YouTube channels that have been monetized earn money by displaying advertisements for every thousand video views.
YouTube channels may earn between $3 and $7 per 1,000 video views.
If KSI’s earnings fall within this range, KSI’s net worth Spot predicts that the company makes $158.55 thousand each month, or $2.38 million per year. However, $2.38 million a year may be an underestimate. KSI may earn as much as $4.28 million per year on the top end.
Additionally, YouTubers seldom have a single source of revenue. Additionally, successful YouTubers have sponsors, and they may enhance earnings by advertising their items. Additionally, they may be able to secure speaking engagements.
What Does KSI Do With His Money?
YouTube personality KSI is a car enthusiast who recently moved into a £4.9 million (USD 6 million) mansion. Automobiles are a passion for KSI, and he does not hold back when it comes to his Lamborghini Aventador.
KSI has a Lamborghini Aventador that Yiannimize custom wrapped. His vehicle has a peak speed of 217.5 miles per hour, a 0-60 time of 2.9 seconds, and is powered by a 3.5-liter V12 engine weighing 235 kg. Additionally, he had a silver Porsche Cayenne that cost around £56,000.
KSI is a YouTuber, which means he demands high-quality equipment to create his videos. If you’re devoted, equipment might wind up costing a fortune. Given that this is his job, we can safely assume he’s spent tens of thousands on his gear.
Who is KSI in a relationship with?
KSI is possibly single and has never been married, according to our data. KSI’s is not dating anyone as of June 2021.
We have no record of KSI’s previous partnerships. You may assist us in compiling KSI’s date records! KSI and three other Sidemen members – Simon Minter, Josh Bradley, and Vik Barn, who go by the YouTube handles Miniminter, Zerkaa, and VikkStar123 – moved into a property in London in 2014, before relocating to a new house in 2016. They left the property in 2019, with KSI and Minter relocating to an apartment in central London.
On May 22, 2020, he released his debut studio album, named “Dissimulation.” That album peaked at number two in the UK albums chart. Additionally, KSI collaborated on the upcoming comedy film “Laid in America.”
He composed and performed several rap songs throughout the early stages of his YouTube career. KSO has since published a variety of series. Additionally, he has a slew of chart-topping hits in the United Kingdom.
KSI released a song named “Can’t Lose” before his first amateur boxing fifth in 2018.
Highlights of My Career
2008: KSI first became interested in YouTube in 2008, when he created an account named JideJunior.
- He launched a new YouTube channel dedicated to FIFA video games in 2009. KSIOlajidebt is the channel’s name.
- He was motivated to establish his channel by the popularity of YouTubers such as Weepler and Hjerpseth.
- KSI was primarily concerned with association football and FIFA. His secondary channel, “KSIOlajidebtHD,” also showed Grand Theft Auto V and other PC-based adaptations.
2011: KSI and fellow YouTuber Randolph produced the rap song “Heskey Time” in 2011 in tribute to footballer Emile Heskey.
- Before Christmas, the song was published on iTunes.
- “Heskey Time” was a hit, inspiring KSI to release further tracks.
2012: KSI got embroiled in controversy during a Eurogamer event in 2012. He was charged with sexually harassing event goers.
- According to reports, KSI sexually attacks a spokesmodel before calling another “Massive Tits” and asks a series of improper questions to female guests, including the heinous “What are you doing not fingering yourself?”
- Microsoft severed relations with him as a result of the criticism. He was also permanently barred from future Eurogamer Expos.
- He had an appearance in GWRomg’s video “KSI VS FIFA / The Record Slam” in 2013. He scored 190 goals, shattering the previous record of 110. Thus, he established the record for “most goals scored against a machine.”
- After scoring 190 games, KSI was named to the Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition.
- He also defeated co-founder of Virgin Gaming Zach Zeldin in a FIFA video game.
- He then inked a contract with YouTube in Las Vegas to develop a premium membership service.
- This year, KSI also inked an agreement to collaborate with Polaris as one of the YouTube gamers. Other prominent YouTubers that have joined Polaris’ gaming section include Captainsparklez, Ali-A, and TheBajanCanadian.
- He also formed the group Sidemen with other YouTube players.
- KSI published a book in 2015 detailing his YouTube background and issues. The book is titled “KSI: I Am a Bellend.” It debuted in the United Kingdom on September 24, 2015.
- On September 29, 2015, he also released the US version, titled “KSI: I Am a Tool.” He also undertook a book tour in the final week of September to promote the book.
- KSI released his self-titled first single, “Lamborghini.” P-Money was a featured artist on the track.
- KSI’s debut EP, titled “Keep Up,” was released in 2016. It debuted in January. Other hits, such as “Goes Off” with Mista Silva and “Friends with Benefits,” were included on his second studio EP, “Jump Around,” which was released in September.
2017: KSI announced his departure from the Sidemen organization in 2017. He was at odds with a fellow member named Ethan Payne. He later recorded a diss track critical of the Sidemen group’s members. As one might imagine, group members reacted on their own.
- He eventually rejoined the group following his deportation from the United States for overstaying his visa.
- KSI and the Sidemen have come under fire online for fabricating their alleged “Sidemen War.”
- KSI has released his third EP, “Space.” In the same year, he published his fourth EP, “Disstracktions.”
- The UK Albums Chart peaked at number 31 with “Disstracktions.” Additionally, it peaked at the top of the UK R&B Albums Chart.
2018: KSI and fellow YouTuber Joe Weller engaged in an amateur white-collar boxing fight in 2018. The contest was held in London’s Copper Box Arena in Hackney Wick.
- KSI won the battle via technical knockout in 1 minute and 30 seconds. He was presented with the Belt of the YouTube Boxing Championship.
- KSI also competed in a white-collar boxing bout against Internet celebrity Logan Paul. Two judges gave it a 57-57 to KSI, while the third gave it a 58-57 to KSI. Due to the majority of fights ending in draws, none of the combatants brought home the prize.
- The battle was dubbed “the largest event in the history of YouTube.”
2019: In April, KSI and Randolph released “New Age,” a collaborative record. Talia Mar, Jme, and Quadeca all appeared on the album. It debuted at number seventeen on the United Kingdom’s Albums Chart. It reached the top spot on the UK’s R&B Albums Chart.
- KSI and Logan squared off once more in a boxing bout.
- This was a professional bout, and neither boxer wore headgear.
- It was even stated that he earned millions of dollars from both his 2018 boxing battle with Logan Paul and his current boxing match in 2019.
- Honours and Commendations
- His channel began when he began uploading gaming videos such as FIFA gameplays and others similar. “Hesky Time” and “Get Hyper” are his most popular and watched videos.
- In 2011, he was extremely popular and at the height of his career. During this time in his life, he amassed a sizable following base dubbed ‘The KSI Army.’
- He used to earn a lot of money from advertising and stated that he genuinely enjoyed creating videos. His fan base has dwindled over the last couple of decades.
- He collaborated on some films with Simon, who later became a Sidemen member known as Miniminter.
- He was hired by the athletic firm Rule ‘Em Sports to create many videos alongside other YouTube superstars and stars.
- After receiving many commercial proposals, he abandoned his YouTube channel and shifted his focus entirely to the videos provided to him. In 2011, he collaborated with Randolph, another YouTuber, on “Heskey Time.”
- Because the music was not professionally produced, he did not want anyone to like it. In April 2015, he recorded and released his debut single, “Lamborghini.” He was signed to Island Records.
KSI may have achieved prominence as a result of his vlogging. Nevertheless, the Sidemen member has established a successful musical career. Additionally, he is a budding performer and novelist. KSI’s net worth is $20 million as a result of his many ventures.